What we believe
- Young people are South Carolina's greatest natural resource.
- All students have potential and all students can learn.
- All students are entitled to a quality education no matter their socioeconomic status or zip code.
- A strong commitment by South Carolina is necessary to ensure excellence in rural schools.
- Cooperation between private and public sectors is essential in addressing the needs of rural schools.
- Rural schools are unique and will produce many of our future leaders as they have in the past.
- Preserving the inherent strengths of rural and the small town way of life is critical to the well-being of our country.
- SCORS is the major organization representing and promoting the interests of rural schools in South Carolina.